Monday, January 13, 2014

40's Obsession

Hello, friends, I am so sorry that I have not posted in over a month. My camera broke, and I used that as an excuse. Really, my father died last February, and his birthday is in December. That, along with our first Christmas at home without him, things got really difficult for me. I'm back, though, and I will try to keep up at least two posts a week (preferably more).

Over the last month I have developed an interest in the 40's, as a result of the show Land Girls. I decided to embrace the look and have been experimenting with hair styles. I ordered two snoods, one red, one navy blue. I thought those two colors would go with most of my wardrobe.

First I scoured the internet, and discovered that one of my favorite blogs, Va-Voom Vintage has a great tutorial. I liked how she styled it with a snood, so I gave it a shot myself, but without the faux bangs.

Victory Rolls with Snood Adventures in the Past Blog
I took a two inch (approximately) section of my hair on the side with less hair. I combed it straight out, and teased the inside, so it was puffy. I rolled it in (with quite a bit of difficulty) and there it was!

Victory Rolls with Snood Adventures in the Past Blog

I did the same thing on the other side, but had trouble because my bangs are parted that way, and they are rather long. My bangs are thin today, because of that. Once that was done, I attached the snood with SEVERAL bobby pins, because my hair is a little short, and done. Well, first I coated my hair in hairspray, then I was done. I did not want anything to fall.

I know the quality of the photos aren't great, but my camera is still out of service (I am using photo booth on my mac). They are a little frizzy, the victory rolls I mean, but I got the general shape. The snood really helped, my hair would have looked a mess without it.

Victory Rolls and Snood Adventures in the Past Blog


I got a bunch of compliments, and quite a few odd looks, but I feel successful. Anyone else trying some new looks this year? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from everyone reading me!